All activities, including gaming, should be accessible. The Disability Visibility Project is excited to announce the giveaway of an Xbox Adaptive Controller to one member of the disability community. The kit will include:
- Xbox Adaptive Controller
- Foot pedal
- One-handed joystick
- Game codes for Forza Motorsport 7, Super Lucky’s Tale and Minecraft
- Quick start guide on how to use the controller
Submit a short essay on your love of video games as a disabled person. You can talk about any console, platform, or game. In your story, feel free to include anything you want to share with manufacturers, designers, and game developers about accessibility (guidelines below).
One winner will be selected and their essay will be published on the Disability Visibility Project website this fall. Please note: Microsoft is giving this Xbox for free. This giveaway is not a paid endorsement by the DVP.
- Deadline: September 30, 2018
- You must be a US resident, 18 years or older.
- Disabled applicants only.
- One entry per person.
- Submit the following: essay title, essay (750 words max), a short bio, one photo of you gaming.
- Written essays can be sent in a Word or Google document or directly in the body of the email.
- Video essays are also accepted, 5 minutes maximum, set to public and uploaded to YouTube with captions (not auto-generated captions). Include the text transcript with your submission.
- Send your written essay or link to your video with the title, bio, and photo (and transcript for video entries): DisabilityVisibilityProject@gmail.com
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Only the winner will be notified. If you do not receive a response by October 15, 2018, thank you for your participation.
- Important: you are giving the DVP permission to use any content submitted as part of this giveaway.