Disability Visibility LLC offers a range of research and consultation services centered on disabled people. Alice Wong, Founder and Owner of Disability Visibility LLC, has a Masters in medical sociology from the University of California, San Francisco and extensive experience conducting qualitative research with the disability community and storytelling across different platforms and formats.
Examples of Services Offered
- Research design, data collection, outreach, and analysis.
- Feedback and review of content such as policies, media, research proposals, reports, signage.
- Generation of ideas, problem-solving discussions, and proposal of recommendations for programs, collaborations, projects or initiatives.
- Creation, promotion, and moderation of Twitter chats for your organization. For example, check out these recaps from Twitter chats on civic participation, disability & philanthropy, disability advocacy, and caregiving.
- Partnership and strategy on crafting campaigns by and for people with disabilities.
- Presentations, workshops, and trainings on a range of subjects.
- Referral to experts and resources from the disability community to fit your needs and information requests.
Areas of Expertise
- Disability media, culture, and history
- Storytelling and social media
- Disability diversity & inclusion in healthcare, philanthropy, and multiple fields
- Qualitative research (e.g., content analysis, coding, needs assessments, interviews, surveys)
Current and Former Clients
United Shades of America, A CNN Original Series (season 3)
ILMxLAB [2017 report]
Bon Appétit Management Co.
Social Media Reach*
IG: @Disability_Visibility: 34k followers
Disability Visibility Podcast Facebook page: 4,550 followers
Podcast episodes: 89
Podcast downloads: 157,209
YouTube: 209 subscribers
Website statistics (since 2014)
Total views: 949,851
Total visitors: 603,569
*As of November 2, 2020
Email Alice Wong, Founder and Owner, Disability Visibility LLC