Guest Blog Posts
NOTE: The DVP is working on a project with several writers in 2017. For now, we are not accepting any new submissions for guest blog posts. Please check this page later for updates.
- If you are not interested in recording a story in person at StoryCorps or with their app, you are welcome to propose a guest blog post for the Disability Visibility Project®.
- We accept pieces approximately 1000 words max. Deadline flexible.
- You can write something original or submit a piece you already wrote with your permission to share.
- Edits and the title of your guest blog post are agreed upon by you and the DVP. We will not publish your work with changes without your consent.
- At this time, we are unable to pay authors for guest blog posts even though we respect and value your work. If the DVP receives adequate donations in the future, check this page for updated information.
- Please email Alice with a brief description of your proposed guest blog post about your disability experience: DisabilityVisibilityProject@gmail.com
- Submissions: Your guest blog post should be emailed to Alice as a Word document that includes the following: Title, Author Name, Your Essay/Article, Short bio (1 paragraph max), Image Descriptions of any photos you want to use. In your email, attach the Word document and any photos of yourself (1-3). Photos are optional, but you need to include descriptions for accessibility.
- Note: a submission or proposal does not guarantee an acceptance. Guest blog post example: http://disabilityvisibilityproject.com/2015/08/02/guest-blog-post-the-little-girl-who-wanted-to-be-ansel-adams/
- Another note: Guest blog posts will be posted to the DVP website, but they cannot be added to the archive at the Library of Congress unlike our oral histories with StoryCorps.