The Disability Visibility Project® receives so much support, time, effort, and labor by people who share their stories stories and engage with us on social media. Since the DVP started in 2014, this has been a labor of love and one that I would like to sustain and develop. I hope you see the value of this project. Thank you for considering to donate.
*Please note the DVP is NOT a 501c3 non-profit organization. Your donations are not tax-deductible. Any funds raised will go to Disability Visibility LLC, the business entity of the DVP, and will be spent on activities supporting our advocacy and media making activities.
Two Ways To Support the DVP
DVP on Patreon
Patreon is website that allows ongoing funding for creators. You can pick a level of support from $1/month or more. There is no time commitment. You can cancel or adjust your pledge for any reason at any time.
Go to this link for all the details how Patreon works, the DVP’s fundraising goals, and what your donation will cover: https://www.patreon.com/DVP
How Your Support Will Help
Your contribution will help the DVP in a number of ways. Here are a few examples of where your donations might go toward:
- Annual web hosting and domain fees.
- Monthly costs for for Soundcloud Pro, Canva, media hosting for audio/video content on Blubrry and WordPress business plan.
- Cloud storage to ensure back-up storage of our oral history archive, website, and other materials.
- Hiring of freelancers to support the work of the Founder/Director in producing, editing, and publishing DVP interviews.
- Writer’s fees for guest essays for the DVP.
- Consultation with the disability community on future directions and ideas for the future.
- Many other exciting ideas and projects!
I am aware of donation fatigue and the privilege, politics, and access issues around giving and receiving. I can assure you that every contribution will be appreciated and used wisely. If you want to know more about the DVP’s activities, feel free to email me: DisabilityVisibilityProject@gmail.com.
Alice Wong, Founder/Director