Disability Visibility LLC is available to provide a range of research and consultation services centered on people with disabilities. Alice Wong, Owner of Disability Visibility LLC and Founder/Director of the Disability Visibility Project®, has a Masters in medical sociology from the University of California, San Francisco and extensive experience conducting qualitative research with the disability community.
Examples of Services Offered
- Research design, implementation, outreach, and analysis (e.g., focus groups, individual interviews, online surveys, coding qualitative data).
- Feedback and review of content such as policies, media, research proposals, reports, signage.
- Generation of ideas, problem-solving discussions, and proposal of recommendations for programs, collaborations, projects or initiatives.
- Creation, promotion, and moderation of Twitter chats for your organization. For example, recaps from Twitter chats on civic participation, disability & philanthropy, disability advocacy, and caregiving.
- Partnership and strategy on crafting campaigns by and for people with disabilities.
- Presentations, workshops, and trainings on a range of subjects.
- Referral to experts and resources from the disability community to fit your needs and information requests.
Areas of Expertise
- Disability media, culture, and history
- Storytelling and social media
- Disability cultural competence in healthcare and multiple fields
- Qualitative research
Current and Former Clients
United Shades of America, A CNN Original Series (season 3)
ILMxLAB [2017 report]
Bon Appétit Management Co.
Social Media Reach*
IG: @Disability_Visibility: 3,374 followers
Disability Visibility Podcast Facebook page: 1,142 followers
# podcast episodes published: 51
# podcast downloads: 51,708
YouTube: 109 subscribers
Website: # followers of website: 945
# website views: 77,462
# website visitors: 46,601
*As of May 23, 2019
Email Alice Wong, Founder and Director, Disability Visibility Project®