Disability Visibility LLC offers a range of research and consultation services centered on disabled people. Alice Wong, Founder and Owner of Disability Visibility LLC, has a Masters in medical sociology from the University of California, San Francisco and extensive experience conducting qualitative research with the disability community and storytelling across different platforms and formats. She also consults with television and film producers about disability culture.
Examples of Services Offered
- Host and organize panel discussions with disabled people on a range of topics.
- Speaking to writers’ rooms, producers, studios, and organizations about disabled characters, stories, and issues.
- Review and feedback on scripts that feature disability.
- Partnership and strategy on crafting campaigns by and for people with disabilities.
- Referral to experts and resources from the disability community to fit your needs and information requests.
- Moderating and/or organizing presentations, workshops, and trainings on a range of subjects.
- Research design, data collection, outreach, and analysis.
- Review of content such as policies, media, research proposals, reports, signage.
- Generation of ideas, problem-solving discussions, and proposal of recommendations for programs, collaborations, projects or initiatives.
- Creation, promotion, and moderation of Twitter chats for your organization. For example, check out these recaps from Twitter chats on civic participation, disability & philanthropy, disability advocacy, and caregiving.
Areas of Expertise
- Disability media, culture, and history
- Storytelling and social media
- Disability diversity & inclusion in healthcare, philanthropy, and multiple fields
- Qualitative research (e.g., content analysis, coding, needs assessments, interviews, surveys)
Recent and Past Clients
United Shades of America, A CNN Original Series (season 3)
ILMxLAB [2017 report]
Bon Appétit Management Co.
Social Media Reach*
Substack newsletter: 1562 subscribers
Disability Visibility podcast: 100 episodes (2017-2021).
*As of May 12, 2022
Email Alice Wong, Founder and Owner, Disability Visibility LLC