The Disability Visibility Project® received a few questions from people about the StoryCorps app that is now available on the iTunes App store and from Google Play store. If you are interested in using the app, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Yes, you can record your story for the Disability Visibility Project using the StoryCorps app! The app works on a computer or smartphone.
- To get started, use this helpful guide, 5 Steps to Recording Your StoryCorps App Interview
- For more information on how to get started, using the app, and how to upload your recording to the app: https://storycorps.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
- When you upload your story with your phone or computer, remember to add “Disability Visibility Project.” Also, go to section #7, “Add your interview to a community.” Select Disability Visibility Project from the list of communities. This will allow us to find your story with others recorded for the DVP.
- PLEASE NOTE: The DVP may produce short blog posts and audio clips from stories you submit to this community on the StoryCorps app.
- All recordings posted to the app will be archived at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.
- For more about the communities (in beta) in the StoryCorps app:
Check out the stories on StoryCorps’ app for the DVP for some examples
For more information about the StoryCorps app
Accessibility and the DVP
If you use a sign language interpreter or facilitator when you recorded your story with the StoryCorps app, the DVP has limited funds to reimburse for those services. Details here: http://wp.me/P4H7t1-MKK