Oral Histories with the StoryCorps app
The StoryCorps app is available on the iTunes App store and from Google Play store. If you are interested in using the app, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Yes, you can record your story for the Disability Visibility Project using the StoryCorps app! The app works on a computer or smartphone.
- To get started, use this helpful guide, 5 Steps to Recording Your StoryCorps App Interview
- For more information on how to get started, using the app, and how to upload your recording to the app: https://storycorps.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
- As a community partnership with StoryCorps, the DVP may produce short blog posts and audio clips from your recording.
- All recordings posted to the app will be archived at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.
After recording your story, here are a few things to remember before you upload it:
- Add the keyword “Disability Visibility Project”
- Add your story to the StoryCorps community page for the DVP: https://archive.storycorps.org/communities/disability-visibility-project-2/
- For more about how to add your story to a StoryCorps community: https://support.storycorps.me/hc/en-us/sections/115002804847-Communities
For more information about the StoryCorps app:
Accessibility and the DVP
If you use a sign language interpreter or facilitator when you recorded your story with the StoryCorps app, the DVP has funds to reimburse for those services. Details here: http://wp.me/P4H7t1-MKK