The StoryCorps app is available on the iTunes App store and from Google Play store. If you are interested in using the app, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Yes, you can record your story for the Disability Visibility Project using the StoryCorps app! The app works on a computer or smartphone.
- To get started, use this helpful guide, 5 Steps to Recording Your StoryCorps App Interview
- For more information on how to get started, using the app, and how to upload your recording to the app: https://storycorps.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
- As a community partnership with StoryCorps, the DVP may produce short blog posts and audio clips from your recording.
- All recordings posted to the app will be archived at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress.
After recording your story, here are a few things to remember before you upload it:
- Add the keyword “Disability Visibility Project”
- Add your story to the StoryCorps community page for the DVP: https://archive.storycorps.org/communities/disability-visibility-project-2/
- For more about how to add your story to a StoryCorps community: https://support.storycorps.me/hc/en-us/sections/115002804847-Communities
For more information about the StoryCorps app:
Accessibility and the DVP
If you use a sign language interpreter or facilitator when you recorded your story with the StoryCorps app, the DVP has funds to reimburse for those services. Details here: http://wp.me/P4H7t1-MKK