#CripTheVote is excited to be collaborating with
Huffington Post on this video!
Call for Participants in Video for Huffington Post on Disabilities and Election 2016
The Huffington Post is seeking passionate and opinionated people with disabilities to speak about issues they would like to see addressed by candidates during the 2016 Presidential campaign. You will be part of a viral video to raise awareness about what matters to people with disabilities and what’s left out of the national conversation.
– The Huffington Post will conduct brief phone interviews with interested participants to determine who we’ll bring in to film with us.
– You will be speaking (or signing) directly to the camera from a script written in collaboration with disability activists from #CripTheVote and your own e-mail and pre-interview responses.
– You will not have to memorize anything, and we will go over the script with you ahead of time.
Location and Accessibility
– Our studio is located at 770 Broadway in Manhattan (9th street between Broadway and 4th Avenue). Both entrances to the building are ADA compliant and wheelchair accessible.
– Interested participants will have to provide their own transportation to and from the studio. We are unable to reimburse any travel expenses. (We may be able to assist with local transportation on an individual case by case basis).
– The closest subway stations is the 8th Street / NYU N/R train or the 6 train at Astor Place, both of which are one block away. The closest Accessible Station is 5 blocks away at Union Square which serves the N/RQ/L subway lines.
– The M1, M2, M3, and M5 MTA bus lines also drop off within 1 block of our studio.
– Any access needs or individual accommodations (e.g. attendant care, interpreters, etc) will be evaluated on a case by case basis. If you require a specific access or accommodation need, please let us know in your initial e-mail. We will do our best to accommodate specific requests if possible.
Time and Date
– Time and date for shooting the video is still TBD. We have some studio time available on Monday, March 28th, and we can also shoot in April. We will shoot between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday, and we will coordinate specific shooting schedules once the video has been cast.
Please include the following in your e-mail:
– Name, age, and location
– A recent photo
– Briefly describe / explain your disability
– A sentence or two about a policy issue facing the disability community that you would like to see addressed by the Presidential candidates
– Any specific needs or requests regarding accessibility or accommodations for the video shoot
Please note: While we appreciate your interest, we regret that we may not be able to respond individually to all applicants. If we are interested in speaking to you further, we will contact you by e-mail to set up a phone interview.